You’ve executed the interviews – enlightening weren’t they? It’s the time to put all that information absolutely in your www.lobster.gr head down on paper, and pull it all together in a complete picture.
This article comes after on from your previous article which gave tips on how to carry out the selection interviews themselves. Below we give you some feasible techniques to make use of whilst analyzing your interviews, helping form your results into a thing tangible.
Variety your studies into a liaison
After selection interviews you’ll find that you may have lots of interesting thoughts and ideas bouncing around your mind, but more than likely in zero clear framework. The effects will be better to understand and convey to others if they are bought into a very clear narration.
The easiest way to do this to achieve this is to place everything upon paper then sift through the results to build a final single story.
Post-it notes & a bright white board
* Put all the concepts, ideas and findings you seen in each interview onto post-it notes (each point needs to be on its own note).
* Try to avoid long phrases as you should be able to quickly scan it and know very well what it refers to, each post-it should only contain approximately 10 terms.
* Please use short quotes or perhaps simple summaries if they sum up the finding well.
* Squeeze in a number or an interviewee name for the corner to help you keep track wherever each post-it came from.
* If you interviewed people by differing groups (for model new and returning customers) patterns will probably be easier to area if you place a symbol to each post-it (or used colouring co-ordinated post-its) to show which usually group they will belonged to.
After the selection interviews you’ll know the dimensions of the common topics that appear through the interviews, so move the post-its around and group all of them accordingly.
Take some time with this kind of, you may find the original groupings change over time. This is called a great ‘affinity diagram’. An advantage of using post-its is that you can watch the entirety of your benefits at once, instead of seeing a small part on the screen at any one time. Finding the ‘big picture’ will allow you to visualise what’s going on more easily than attempting this kind of visualisation in your head alone. An additional is that post-its give you the overall flexibility to make even more changes to your diagram whenever needed.
When you are able to, try this on a white colored board. This has 2 advantages:
* Allows you to draw rings around the teams, and add rA�flexion where necessary.
* The post-its are likely to stick and stay to need them (rather than deciding to fall for the floor at the most inopportune times).
Essentially you’re setting up a visual counsel (almost a mind map) of the effect. Once is actually visualized, you will discover it’ll help to make a lot more feeling.
Don’t forget so why you had been conducting the interviews
The first article emphasized the need to have a definite goal when ever conducting the interviews:
“The aims of interviews in order to discover:
5. Users’ goals and needs.
* How users comprehensive tasks on your site (or would do if functionality was available).
* What users believe the site gives them (and what more they really want/need). ”
This could act as a useful framework to put on your studies, and should end up being remembered while conducting the analysis. Although keep in mind that beauty of interviews can be their versatility so if you think placing an alternate focus on the results explains your results, you can do so.
Bounce your ideas off some other person
Stand in front side of your post-its and talk your findings through with someone (or several people). Encourage problems. You will not be competent to answer every question, however you will find where gaps in your explanations happen to be. Talking through your findings will in addition help additionally clarify your opinions, and you’ll realize where the breaks are in your overall photo.
You may also get bouncing tips off folks who didn’t enroll in the interviews useful. Finding the benefits with somebody with a unique perspective from your can generate ideas you possibly will not have considered usually.
Take your time
There is the first couple of hours will be filled up with a craze of publishing and collection post-its, you must then rest on the result. You will find the subconscious help keep on implementing the problems, and you could well get you wake up with further ideas, or when choosing a soak in a bath, or perhaps on the walk home… There will always be further pieces to add, and changes to be created to your affinity diagram.
Growing your studies from interviews is like developing a photograph manually ,. It takes time and if you dash off to through the method then the effect is not as it should be. Take your time over the each stage, you’ll have done been given a phenomenal amount of information to method during the selection interviews, so ensure all the things relevant gets down and a clear overall message can develop.
Once you aren’t done it just leaves the ‘simple’ couple of:
* Producing whatever adjustments are needed to your site
* Producing gentes
* Diagnosing problems with your existing site
* Directing new design concepts
another one of the thousands of concerns interviews can feed extremely useful info into . But these “small” complications might be made easier knowing your hard work will pay off come go live.
As mentioned in the previous content “interviews are an easy way to find in-depth information about the users”, remember more work is needed than expected to pull out those superb results.